parent's guide to student's success
The Parents’ Guides to Student Success were developed by teachers, parents and education experts in response to the Common Core State Standards that more than 45 states have adopted. Created for grades K-8 and high school English, language arts/literacy and mathematics, the guides provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career.
National PTA, in partnership with the National Education Association, published Family Guides to help parents and caretakers for helping their child succeed in key learning areas. PTA leaders, teachers, parents and families are recommended to use these guides to engage families in education throughout a child’s academic career.
- Preparing Your Child for School - View Guide (en español).
- Making Sure Your Child Gets the Education They Deserve - View Guide (en español).
- Starting Kindergarten Off Right - View Guide (en español).
- Raising Ready Readers - View Guide (en español).
- Developing Your Child's Reading Skills - View Guide (en español).
- Helping Your Child with Today's Math - View Guide (en español).
- Raising a Scientifically Literate Child - View Guide (en español).
- Testing at Your Child's School - View Guide (en español).
- Helping Your Teen Succeed in High School - View Guide (en español).
100 Ways to Help Your Child and School Succeed
The National PTA has compiled a list of ideas that parents can use to help their child and their school come out on top. ("Our Children," October 27, 2017.) The Categories included:
- Student Learning
- School Collaboration
- Community Collaboration
gifted and talented (G/t) program
The Gifted and Talented Program provides accelerated and enriched services for advanced-level learners, as well as talent development opportunities, at the elementary, middle and high school levels.
G/T PARENT INVOLVEMENT
There are many opportunities for parents and community members to learn more about and to become an advocate for gifted education. You may find the information here.
Our children magazine
Our Children Magazine is an online publication, by National PTA, created for the parents looking for the best parenting, wellness, education and PTA community info to help their child excel at school and in life.